Vice President, Individual Life Insurance Strategy at Prudential
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential Financial is seeking a Vice President of Strategy for Individual Life Insurance (ILI) to create and drive the business strategy and plan to address holistic needs of both current and future customers. In this role, you will report to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) for the Individual Solutions Group and will be expected as the leader of this important function to implement via tactical execution to drive profitable growth and other strategic imperatives. You must be able to form trusting relationships with senior executives in ILI and with other partners across Prudential, and will operate in a fast-paced, forward-looking business environment. Your responsibilities will include supporting strategy for Prudential Advisors as part of ILI. This position will be based in Newark, NJ.
Lead the ILI strategy and planning function to develop the overall strategy and strategic priorities for the business, and to measure outcomes from implementation of that overall business strategy.
Identify new growth opportunities and potential disruptive threats for ILI, leveraging input from the ISG Market Intelligence team
Support ILI functional (e.g., Product, Distribution) leaders by developing and implementing functional strategies and initiatives, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic direction of ILI and ISG.
Collaborate with the VP, Strategy for Annuities and the VP, Strategy for ISG to support the ISG CSO with respect to strategic topics and initiatives (e.g., M&A) that span across ISG; also establish strong links with other strategists across Prudential (e.g., WSG, PGIM, Strategic Initiatives).
Manage at least one direct report and lead larger cross-functional teams for specific projects
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate strategy or management consulting strategy roles, ideally including experience in the financial services industry.
- Proven strength in creating positive working relationships and leading projects with heavy cross-business/cross-functional collaboration.
- Successful track record of leading teams with a demonstrated ability to flex between strategy and tactics.
- Exceptionally strong analytic, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change.
- Strong education credentials, including an undergraduate degree, with an M.B.A. or other advanced degree being a plus.