Business Analyst - ITS at West Virginia University
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
Information Technology Services at West Virginia University is seeking candidates for a Business Analyst (Professional Technologist 3). This position will participate in initial project assessments, plans, and estimates for the ITS unit. In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Utilize standards in the delivery of plans, designs, program modification, testing and installation of project work recommending design/system alternatives or approaches to WVU’s systems requirements.
- Effectively utilize technical/application analytical skills to research, design, development, and testing to successfully complete tasks in support of ITS projects.
- Follow established methodology to complete project deliverables on all assigned tasks within established deadlines.
- Utilize analytical skills to identify and solve problem situations, and continually evaluates researches, develops, and maintains solutions using evolving methodologies to keep pace with new technologies.
- Serve as liaison with technical and functional staff related to specific business applications.
- Prepare technical documentation, including interpretation of business requirements, business process flows, and code according to established standards.
ITS has approximately 210 employees with diverse backgrounds, personalities and experience. We make sure the networks, data centers, Internet and phones are robust and reliable. We support dozens of applications that are critical to the University’s administrative functions and academic mission, including the online learning system, eCampus. We protect the confidentiality and integrity of data.
We want employees with a positive attitude, an eagerness to collaborate, initiative and imagination. We want creative thinkers who can find clever solutions to problems and improve our efficiency. We want people who embrace WVU’s many missions, from empowering faculty and students to improving the quality of life for West Virginians.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related is preferred.
- Four (4) years of experience in the following areas are required:
- Defining problems, collecting data, gathering requirements, and establishing structure and analysis for complex business issues
- Writing technical design/solution documents
- Business process analysis and improvement
- Experience in the following is preferred:
- Software Application testing experience
- Application testing experience with higher education software