Vice President, Individual Solutions Group Strategy at Prudential
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential Financial is seeking a Vice President of Strategy for the Individual Solutions Group (ISG), which comprises the Annuities and Individual Life Insurance businesses, including Prudential Advisors In this role, you will report to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) for ISG, and will be expected as the leader of this important function to develop and implement via tactical execution a range of strategies and initiatives to drive profitable growth across ISG. You must be able to form trusting relationships with senior executives in ISG while collaborating with partners across Prudential’s other businesses and functions, and operate in a fast-paced, forward-looking business environment. This position will be based in Newark, NJ
- Lead the strategy and planning function to develop the overall strategy and strategic priorities for ISG that incorporates the respective strategies for ILI and Annuities.
- Identify new breakthrough business models (e.g., Insurtech, blockchain) that present potential disruption and growth opportunities across ISG.
- Providing strategy input and support for the Strategic Solutions initiative and other cross-business initiatives that support overall U.S. strategy.
- Partner with Corporate M&A and Finance to develop and assess prioritized set of potential acquisitions to further enable ISG with additional capabilities and scale.
- Collaborate with the VP, Strategy for ILI and VP, Strategy for Annuities to support the ISG CSO with respect to strategic topics and initiatives that span across ISG; also establish strong links with other strategists across Prudential (e.g., WSG, PGIM, Strategic Initiatives)Support ISG functional leaders with respect to developing and implementing strategic initiatives aligned with the overall strategic direction of ISG.
- Manage cross-functional teams for specific projects
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate strategy or management consulting strategy roles, including experience in financial services
- Proven strength in creating positive working relationships and leading projects with heavy cross-business/cross-functional collaboration
- Successful track record of leading teams, with a demonstrated ability to flex between strategy and tactics
- Exceptionally strong analytic, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive change
- Strong education credentials, including an undergraduate degree, with an M.B.A. or other advanced degree being a plus