Procurement Specialist at Dematic Corp
Posted in Admin - Clerical 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Location: USA - MI - Grand Rapids
Req ID: 52048
Position Title: Procurement Specialist
Experience Level: Mid Level
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Travel Required: Yes
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Dematic has an open position at our Grand Rapids Michigan Office for a Procurement Specialist. The Business Title will be Customer Service Project Procurement Specialist.
The Primary Functions will be:
- Program, Commercial and Logistical support of Customer Service Products or Parts Purchasing
- Purchasing categories may include any type of purchased parts such as electronics, fabrications, stampings, machined parts, etc
- Participate and facilitate in new program quote activities involving pricing reviews with estimating team
- Manage information flow from HEAT to ensure customer requests are delivered in a competitive and timely manner
- Make sourcing arrangements and determine pricing for Customer Service Projects
- Develop and coordinate set up of new vendors (if needed) to support requirements for customers
- Execute purchases when required to support sold project activity and manage orders to support project activity
- Interface with Project Managers on purchasing items during project roll out and expedite urgent delivery parts to meet critical time frames
- Record savings achieved to help meet department goal
- Help Support Order Entry Process
- This position will support Grand Rapids and possibly some Salt Lake City support as required
Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Refers complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
Typically BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organizations business practices and issues. Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.