Mobile Mechanic at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warm Springs, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Mobile Mechanic - Warm Springs, GA
At Georgia-Pacific we foster a culture that values integrity and compliance above all else and we encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. Every employee has the opportunity to share and build their knowledge while growing their career. If you are interested in joining our team we are currently seeking a safety-oriented Mobile Mechanic in Warm Springs, GA.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical problems to maintain mobile equipment
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on mobile equipment
- Using hand tools, power tools and precision-measuring devices and testing instrumentation to ensure optimal equipment performance
- Managing workload that is driven by mill production needs
- Providing and receiving effective written and verbal communication as it pertains to equipment issues
- Assisting with other maintenance crafts to support equipment outages
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED
One or more of the following:
- Associate’s Degree in Automotive Technology, Diesel/Heavy Equipment Technology or other mechanical field
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with heavy off-road diesel equipment, machinery diagnostics, hydraulics, electrical systems (6V-96V), fuel systems (carbureted, propane, injected), brake systems, and basic tire repair
- At least one (1) year of experience conducting preventative and corrective maintenance of mobile equipment
- Experience using a computer to perform the following tasks: email, data entry, and document creation
- Willing and able to obtain certification in two or more of the following trades that may include but is not limited to: industrial maintenance (bearings set-up, opti-laser alignment, pump rebuilds, mounting and un-mounting, or other), welding, carpentry, machining, and/or pipefitting, within the first year of employment
- Willing and able to provide your own personal hand tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, nights, holidays, overtime, as scheduled
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience with industrial maintenance practices and processes
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
- Experience reading electrical schematics/mechanical drawings
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf