Injection Maintenance Technician at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plant City, Florida
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Injection Maintenance Technician Is responsible for maintaining, servicing, and troubleshooting equipment and site property; making adjustments and/or mechanical/electrical repairs to the machines and equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Maintain and service machinery at the site
- General maintenance duties to maintain the site
- Follows all safety requirements, policies, and reports unsafe conditions to a leader; and takes immediate action to correct issue when possible
- Functions effectively within a team environment
- Attends all team meetings as required
- Performs all required quality checks and assures all production conforms to specification
- Follows all company policies and work rules including but not limited to 6S, GMP, and BOS quality system
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards
- Use the preventative maintenance program
- Troubleshoot electric, pneumatics, mechanical and hydraulics
- All work performed must be entered into PICS; and all Parts used must be checked out using PICS
- Be able to identify parts in all machines
- Perform light fabrication
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Monitor reliabilities and scrap on related production equipment
- All other duties as assigned
- 2-year degree or prior work experience.
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and experience.
- Experienced with Husky Injection Molding Machines
- Must be team oriented.
- Self-Motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training.
- Basic computer skills.