Manufacturing Reliability Engineer (Greenville, SC) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Reliability Engineer for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division (IATD) located in Greenville, SC. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Reliability Engineer will identify and drive mechanical and electrical reliability improvements supporting the Tape Plant located in Greenville, SC. This person will be responsible to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant and business operations. This Reliability Engineer will track the production losses and abnormally high maintenance costs then find ways to reduce those losses and high costs. This Reliability Engineer will be asked to manage risk to the achievement of our strategic vision/objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, quality, service and cost.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform failure mode and effect analysis to assure the proper Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) programs are implemented, audited and improved on all existing and future assets
- Application of Reliability Based Maintenance programs such as Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Assess & develop capability of mechanics on their role in reliability improvement and to advance their technical capabilities
- Analyze data (failure, cost, uptime, etc.) using appropriate reliability analysis tools to develop & implement improvement plans
- Serve as the equipment reliability Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the business and lead reliability improvement teams
- Manage and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) detailing all the results of the reliability programs activities
- Provide leadership support for Maintenance Conscious Engineering strategies
- Perform & document equipment criticality analysis in support of an effective critical spares strategy
- Manage the mechanical integrity program for the business
- Participate in the Management of Change process to optimize the reliability of new equipment or processes
- Submit recommendations and justification for capital expenditures that support and improve the Reliability Program
- Provide an external awareness of methods and technologies that advance our own internal body of knowledge for the improvement of our operations reliability
- Serve as a leader and example for behavior and performance to all employees
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of seven (5) years of maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience
- Professional reliability engineer certification
- Experience with web handling systems (Bruckner film lines)
- Experience with industrial mechanical components (pumps, motors, rolls, shafts, bearings, gears, belts, pulleys, etc.), PLC/HMI/Drives, motor drive systems, motion control, vision systems, etc
- Experience with TPM, reliability analysis, predictive (PdM) and preventative maintenance (PM)
- Statistical computer skills (MiniTab, JMP, etc)
- Strong interpersonal communication, prioritization and organizational skills
- Exceptional team player- works well in a team atmosphere
- Ability to self-direct
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Location: Greenville, SC
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.