Advanced Product Service Engineer (Brookings, SD) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brookings, South Dakota
3M is seeking an Advanced Product Service Engineer for the Critical and Chronic Care Solutions Division (C3SD), located in Brookings, South Dakota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will support Food Safety Department products manufactured at 3M in Brookings, SD. The person hired for the position will be responsible for sample handling product maintenance at the 3M Brookings, South Dakota manufacturing plant. Sample handling products are a broad line of solutions used to sample and enrich organisms from food and environmental samples.
The overall role of this individual is to support new product scale-up and maintain current product design intent as materials, processes, methods, and specifications change. This individual will report directly to the Quality Manager for the Food Safety Quality organization in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible, accountable and the primary spokesperson for product performance, product quality and be the customer representative for assigned products within the plant facility.
- Ensuring the commercialized product design intent and product integrity as materials, processes, methods, and specifications change.
- Primary responsibility for leading the analysis, trouble shooting, non-conforming product test and disposition. Primary responsibility for change management as it relates to design changes driven by quality improvement, source of supply changes, or cost reduction efforts.
- Leading cross functional teams that include manufacturing, technical service and quality/regulatory engineers.
- Supporting the scale up & validation of product changes with primary role of maintaining product integrity & design.
- Supporting and/or leading efforts on design requirements specifications, life cycle management, risk management, product and process improvements, and other product documentation efforts.
- Acts as the primary product liaison between the plant and other divisional functions.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills, excellent attention to detail, and be process and system oriented.
- This position can provide a great opportunity to learn, grow and develop as an employee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a biological science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Microbiology or Microbiological media related field
- Experience working with microbiological techniques and applications
- Product engineering experience in a manufacturing industry
- Experience working in a microbiology laboratory and using aseptic technique
- Possess a sound quality and regulatory mindset
- Experience in media formulation
- Project leadership experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of Lean manufacturing experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience to analyze problems, diagnose root cause, and apply corrective actions
- Familiarity with FDA QSR requirements
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
Location: Brookings, South Dakota
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1B status).
See job description.