UR - Product Engineer (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Product Engineer for the Display Materials and Systems Division (DMSD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this opportunity will support its new product commercialization efforts and technology platform development on its portfolio of optically clear adhesives in the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Automotive, and Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) markets within DMSD’s platform laboratory. This position offers the opportunity to contribute in one of 3M's most dynamic businesses.
DMSD is seeking a self-directed and energetic candidate who is strongly interested in product characterization of new adhesives in development. Some of the candidate’s key responsibilities will include leading material characterization and data package generation for new adhesives, development and ownership of testing SOPs, testing equipment ownership, and contributing to adhesive platform development and commercialization efforts.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/display-solutions-us/
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Data package coordination for OCAs in development.
- Close collaboration with Product Developers and Application Engineers regarding testing.
- Responsible for MTS testers, rheometers and environmental chambers.
- Owner of standard TMs for lab.
- Leading MSA and Gage R&R studies on test methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently possess or in final year of Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previous mechanical testing experience
- Basic statistics background
- Experience with Minitab, Jump or other statistical software
- Experience with MS Office
- Self-sufficient, self-starter independent worker
- Detailed oriented, organized
- Task execution and prioritization of workflows
- Customer service experience
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1B status).
See job description.