Control Systems Engineer (Greenville, SC) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
3M is seeking a Control Systems Engineer for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division (IATD) located in Greenville, SC. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Control Systems Engineer will identify and drive mechanical and electrical reliability improvements supporting the Film line located in Greenville, SC. They will be responsible for providing effective control system solutions and improved mechanical reliability. Specific responsibilities include the specification, design, integration, and start-up of control technologies. These control technologies include motion control, human machine interface, PLC control, drives, sensors and measurement devices. This person will be responsible to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant and business operations. This Reliability Engineer will track the production losses and abnormally high maintenance costs then find ways to reduce those losses and high costs.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Provides technical support to production, plant engineering and technical personnel
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
- Willingness to be on call to support unplanned downtime events
Within this role, the candidate will develop an expertise in one or more of the following technologies:
- PLC/HMI programming in a variety of formats and platforms
- Motor drive systems
- Motion control
- Digital and analog systems
- Control system networking
- Sensing and measurement devices
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Siemens Control Background- with demonstrated experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of maintenance and/or reliability engineering experience
- Professional reliability engineer certification
- Experience with web handling systems (Bruckner film lines)
- Experience with industrial mechanical components (e.g. pumps, motors, rolls, shafts, bearings, gears, belts, pulleys), PLC/HMI/Drives, motor drive systems, motion control, and vision systems
- Experience with TPM, reliability analysis, predictive (PdM) and preventative maintenance (PM)
- Statistical computer skills (e.g. MiniTab, JMP)
- Strong interpersonal communication, prioritization and organizational skills
- Exceptional team player- works well in a team atmosphere
- Ability to self-direct
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Location: Greenville, SC
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.