Junior DevOps Pipeline Engineer (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Junior DevOps Pipeline Engineer for 3M Corporate IT located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M is seeking innovative technologists to join us as we make a huge impact in 3M’s digital IT evolution!
We are currently looking for a Junior DevOps Pipeline Engineer to become part of the 3M’s Corporate IT DevOps Pipeline team. This team is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining automated CICD pipeline processes utilizing automation/configuration management toolsets such as VSTS, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent, as well as PowerShell scripts, and custom code solutions. This role will contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the pipelines as well as provide support to teams as they onboard to the pipelines. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with a wide variety of teams across the entire IT organization.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to the design and maintain compliant CICD pipelines for a very diverse set of products and technologies
- Configure, deploy, and maintain internal tools used in a CICD pipeline
- Provide support to teams on DevOps principles and practices
- Provide support to onboarding teams to new processes and tools; provide ongoing coaching and guidance
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- Be an advocate for Lean Agile Continuous Delivery and DevOps adoption, and promote a collaborative environment and culture
- This role will likely evolve over time as our processes change, so flexibility and ability to adapt are critical
- High School diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined software development and/or technical IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science, engineering, or IT discipline from an accredited university
- Understanding the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience using standard industry tools used in continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Passionate about technology and is committed to continuing professional development
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- Understanding and ability to work with on prem and cloud hosting platforms
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Leadership and facilitation skills
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Ability to effectively teach and mentor teams and individuals
- Able to articulate and support your opinions/stance, but also able to listen and be flexible
- Thrives on ambiguity
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic and/or international
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.