Senior DevOps Automation Engineer (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Senior DevOps Automation Engineer for 3M Corporate IT located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M is seeking innovative technologists to join us as we make a huge impact in 3M’s digital IT evolution!
We are currently looking for a Senior DevOps Automation Engineer to become part of the 3M’s Corporate IT DevOps Pipeline team. This team is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining automated CICD pipeline processes utilizing automation/configuration management toolsets such as VSTS, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent, as well as PowerShell scripts, and custom code solutions. The Senior DevOps Automation Engineer will also teach, mentor and coach product teams on DevOps principles and practices across a variety of applications, platforms and environments. The team is also responsible for onboarding teams to DevOps practices and tools – as appropriate for a given team’s needs. This person is a key change agent in a significant IT transformation. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with a wide variety of teams across the entire IT organization.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and maintain compliant CICD pipelines for a very diverse set of products and technologies
- Configure, deploy, and maintain internal tools used in a CICD pipeline
- Coach teams on CICD/DevOps principles and practices
- Onboard teams to new processes and tools; provide ongoing coaching and guidance
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- Be an advocate for Lean Agile Continuous Delivery and DevOps adoption, and promote a collaborative environment and culture
- This role will likely evolve over time as our processes change, so flexibility and ability to adapt are critical
- High School diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined software development and/or technical IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science, engineering, or IT discipline from an accredited university
- Strong understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience using variety of standard industry tools used in continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Passionate about technology and is committed to continuing professional development
- Ability to design and apply creative solutions
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- Experience using scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Experience writing code for one or multiple of the following: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Saltstack
- Experience with command execution frameworks
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code approach and toolsets
- Experience across IT functions is a plus (examples include development, infrastructure, security, quality, operations, etc.)
- Understanding and ability to work with on prem and cloud hosting platforms
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Ability to effectively teach and mentor teams and individuals
- Able to articulate and support your opinions/stance, but also able to listen and be flexible
- Thrives on ambiguity
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic and/or international
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.