Packaging Operator (Flemington, NJ) at 3M
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Flemington, New Jersey
3M is seeking Packaging Operators for the Infection Prevention Division located in Flemington, NJ. Here, you go.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the shift supervisor or lead person responsible for Packaging activities in the Assembly and Packaging areas. Will be assigned to one of the following packaging areas: Assembly and Packaging, Extender, Test Pack Line, CI Converting Line. Use computerized inventory system (IMES, DPQ) if required in this position.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively support an environmentally conscious workplace through such activities as using proper work methods, waste separation and disposal, recycling and following appropriate SOP’s
- Understand and follow department General Standard Operating Procedures (GSOP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Product Standards, Process Standards and Test Standards as required
- Must be able to find, read and use all necessary documentation, and be able to demonstrate competence on job skills as required
- Package a wide variety of products as assigned, such as SteriGage, SteriGage Extenders, E.O. Indicators, E.O. Indicator extenders, Rectal Adapter, Thermalog Integrators, Freeze Watch Indicators, and small thermometer specialty packages. Operates less complex equipment to produce items such as Freeze Watch. Counts or weighs items as required, check quality of items according to visual standards
- Package test pack products to include counting and collating, wrapping and case packing of test packs
- Package cartoning products to include count/collating, count/check loading, wrapping and case packing
- Catch and stack laminated sheets from the laminator auto-cutter
- Understand and follow lot numbering systems and component segregation
- Know and understand SOP-FLE-05-000044 - Safety & Health in the Performance Assessment; actively participate in and support a safe work environment through such activities as inspection, safe practice and using proper work methods, procedures and equipment
- Participate in training and development programs
- Understand and follow plant human resource policies and procedures
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
This position will require:
- Working a 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift depending on shift availability
- Weekend work as needed
- Working overtime
- Short notice shift coverage
This position may require:
- Working on holidays as needed
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year of manufacturing experience
- Basic math, able to count quickly and correctly
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
Location: Flemington, NJ
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
This posting is for a Packaging Operators position at 3M Flemington, NJ. Qualified applications may be considered when Packaging Operators openings occur at 3M Flemington for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what’s next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.