Associate Financial Analyst at Halyard
Posted in Finance 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Job Description SummaryWe are currently seeking an Associate Financial Analyst – Product Supply responsible for providing timely cost of sales, distribution, and other business and/or financial analyses to facilitate sound decisions. The position will be based at our Corporate Office in Alpharetta, GA and will report to the Senior Finance Manager – Product Supply.
Key customers for this position are product supply leadership, global finance leaders, and regional business leaders. Customers require timely and accurate analysis of cost of sales, budgets, forecasts, the results of operations, and/or other business opportunities/problems. In addition, the position is required to provide thought leadership and ensure timely, accurate, and completeness of discretion for product development decisions and profit improvement opportunities.
- Provide timely, accurate, consistent, and complete financial reporting and analysis to operating units and sector management for assistance in making sound business decisions.
- Function as a liaison between operations teams and business units by developing strong and open relationships with both groups.
- Actively participate and take initiative in product supply and business unit projects including profit improvement programs, capital projects (including financial evaluations) and cost savings capital projects.
- Function as the primary contact to Operations Management for questions on cost analysis, cost accounting, and financial systems.
- Coordinate the assembly of cost of sales and distribution information for budgets and all forecasts, and complete cost analyses as appropriate.
- Ensure application of established corporate financial controls within his/her area of responsibility by the effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies and instructions; and by the establishment, maintenance and audit of effective and reliable control procedures. Report to the Team Leader, or in case no action is taken in a reasonable time period, to his/her principal, whenever corporate financial policies or instructions are not being followed, or appear inappropriate, inadequate or out-of-date.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Communicate fully with superiors, peers, and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive and vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, complete, yet concise, and clear.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Bachelor of Science preferred – Finance or other business-related field, MBA Preferred
- Prior experience with Managerial Cost Accounting supporting manufacturing
- Profit and Loss Statement Analysis including cost of sales analytical experience is required
- Knowledge of the financial and business implications of general business practices is essential
- A proven track record and progressive responsibilities
- Minimum of 3-4 years proven and progressive experience in finance
- Strong business judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstration of leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to influence without authority
Halyard Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a current employee of Halyard Health, please apply here.