Facilities Workers - Alumni Association at West Virginia University
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The Alumni Association at West Virginia University is seeking two (2) professional, hard-working and dedicated employees for the position of Facilities Worker for afternoon shift. This position will provide a variety of support services in order to maintain the interior appearance of the Erickson Alumni Center and exterior appearance of Alumni Center grounds. Work involves adhering to established procedures, techniques and safety requirements with some judgement required to interpret instructions. The position has frequent public contact with Alumni Center clientele.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Clean and maintain the interior and exterior appearance of the Alumni Center including meeting rooms, offices, bathrooms, public areas, etc. by sweeping, mopping, stripping, and waxing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, rugs and upholstery, dusting and polishing furniture, washing and cleaning walls, ceilings, doors, windows, etc., and performing other related internal cleaning activities.
- Operate various equipment in performance of duties such as brooms, mops, vacuums, shampooers, high-speed burnishers, buffers, etc.
- Mix and dilute commercial strength disinfectants, germicidal detergents and other stringent cleaning solutions.
- Relocate offices and meeting rooms within building by lifting, loading and unloading furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc. onto hand trucks, dollies and box vans for transportation.
- Implement energy conservation best practices at the Alumni Center.
- Follow best risk management practices recommended by BRIM (Board of Risk and Insurance Management) as directed by the Assistant Director – Facilities and Management.
- Execute the set up and break down of equipment (e.g. tables, chairs, staging, pipe and drape, dance floors, tents, etc.) associated with events held in the facility and on facility grounds, meeting the needs of Alumni Center clientele.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, Assistant Director – Facilities or President and CEO.
Pay Grade: 7
- High school diploma or GED or any equivalent combination of vocational experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- No experience required; six (6) months of experience is preferred
- Physical capability to perform duties of the position including:
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Bending, stooping and climbing
- Lifting of heavy items weighing approximately 50-75 pounds