Claims Trainer/ Auditor, Health Plan at Cook Children's Health Care System
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Fort Worth, TexasJob Description:
Responsible for training/coaching/auditing individual Claims Department staff on business processes/claims processing compliance as it relates to State contracts and department applications to achieve department goals and objectives. Works collaboratively with Team Leads and department leadership to develop and implement standard operating procedures. Serves as department subject matter expert for department specific software use and configuration.
- Associates Degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5 to 7 years claims processing experience required.
- Working knowledge of claim processing procedures and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of claim adjudication and benefit plan application for HMO plans, Medicaid specific knowledge preferable.
- Working knowledge of medical benefits and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance provisions.
- Proficiency in use of computer applications and typing speed (35 words per minute minimum.)
- Experience with claims processing applications and business processes.
- Strong skills in the following areas: oral and written communication, problem-solving, organization and time management, customer service, knowledge of adult teaching and learning, coaching, and auditing and reporting outcomes.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
Certified Coding Professional. Currently have or able to obtain a RHIT and AHIMA certification within 1 year of accepting role.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet