Warehouse Supervisor at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Richmond, VirginiaJob Description:
Supervise the day-to-day operations of the warehouse to include but not limited to receiving, stowing and issuing of all material. The operation consist of supervising 38 employees in nine different warehouses. The position is responsible for achieving performance levels for all distribution actions which include over 160,000 receiving, issuing and packaging actions per year. The warehouse supervisor ensures all employees conduct, performance and attendance conform to company policies.
- Ensure compliance of all contracted services in accordance with, DLA and federal standards and regulations; Performance Work Statement (PWS), company policies, procedures and directives.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the overall effective logistics program to support the initiatives and directives of the customer.
- Examine the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental procedures and recommend new initiatives and methodology in the logistics area based on requirements and priorities.
- Insure that all leads are functional and performing all duties assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or requested by the program manager.
- Supervise the employees including ensuring all employees are adequately trained; coordinates, priorities and schedules workloads to ensure timely and effective completion of work.
- Monitor and evaluates employee performance. Noting their strengths and their weaknesses and rewarding or reprimanding when needed. Education and/or Experience:
- Applicant must be experienced in Quality Management system Integration Tool (QMSIT).
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in one or more of the following: logistics services, material management, transportation, material handling, use of information systems in logistics management or equivalent training and work experience.
- Applicant must have extensive leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicant must have an extensive knowledge of Distribution Standard System (DSS).
- Analytical and communications skills; must possess planning/organizing. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver's license.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship, a US Government background check and may require a US Government SECRET Clearance
- If SECRET Clearance Level is required, candidate must also:
- Have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation
- Be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance
Regular lifting to 50 pounds, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness.
Work is performed in a variety of settings including an office environment, warehouse and outside with exposure to Hazmat materials in proper containers.
Safety - Olgoonik enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Olgoonik Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Olgoonik Quality System documents and customer contracts.