Painter at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Wainwright, AlaskaJob Description:
Coats surfaces with epoxy paint using brushes, rollers, spray guns, and other devices. Smoothes surface with sandpaper and steel wool if necessary to ensure paint adheres to surface. Masks and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted.
- Preparing surface for painting by removing old finish or by placing putty or filler in nail holes and interstices.
- Apply paint with spray gun, roller, or brush.
- Mix colors, oils, white lead, and other paint ingredients to obtain proper color or consistency.
- Coats surfaces with epoxy or other material using brushes, rollers, spray guns, and other devices.
- Remove old paint and smoothes surface with sandpaper and steel wool if necessary to ensure paint adheres to surface.
- Perform routine and non-routine troubleshooting/problem identification and resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in similar work setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of surface peculiarities and types of paint required for different applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possession of an Alaska Painters Card preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to stand; bend; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crawling and crouching in strained and awkward positions for prolonged periods of time; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and set up equipment and components weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
Must be willing to travel to remote locations in and around Alaska. Work will be primarily performed indoors, but travel between buildings may be in a harsh, arctic environment. Must be available to work any shift and willing to work weekends and other hours as needed.