EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST at Geo Reentry Services, LLC.
Posted in Health Care 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: LONG BEACH, CaliforniaJob Description:
Are you passionate about helping others to meet their educational goals on the road to turning their life around and want to feel good about what you do on a daily basis; then we need you! We are looking for dedicated Employment Specialist to join our growing team. As a Employment Specialist you will function as a job developer, utilizing your effective communication and networking skills, conducting individual educational assessments and creating employment goals. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will work as part of a team, striving to achieve your personal best by helping others, this may be the right opportunity for you.
As an Employment Specialist, you will be responsible for utilizing computer labs and standard educational classes to provide instruction, resources and referrals for educational advancement.
Additional responsibilities of the Employment Specialist include:
- Assessing parolee participants to determine employment and training
- Providing employment services including resume writing, mock interviews, time management, how to get along with others in a work environment and how to follow instructions
- Assisting participants in locating and securing employment
- Documenting participants' progress in Company database
- Establishing and overseeing computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education
- Providing participants with referrals services for undergraduate and graduate studies
- Facilitating groups on a weekly basis; documenting clients progress in Company database
As an Employment Specialist you should have basic knowledge of the expungement process, the benefits of completing the process and the ability to provide information or a referral on how to expunge a criminal record or obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation.
Additional requirements include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years' experience as a social services coordinator, job developer or similar role
- Basic knowledge of how to mentor a client in disclosing appropriate information regarding past convictions and parole status to an employer
- Effective communication skills with good networking skills
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint