Vice President, Application Development / Marketing and Customer Experience at Prudential
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: roseland, New Jersey
Prudential’s Individual Solutions Group (ISG) is on a journey to transform its technology landscape from older, custom built applications to newer, packaged, cutting edge software. Prudential is seeking a VP of Applications Development with a proven track record of delivering high-quality products in financial services or similar highly technical industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing strategic thought leadership leading to measurable, defined business outcomes supporting ISG’s Marketing & Customer Experience.
This leader will define, develop, deploy and support Best in Class IT platforms, programs, processes, and policies to ensure alignment with corporate and ISG level strategy and goals. Partners with multi-departmental leadership and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to develop and prioritize projects with timely and cost justified products supporting relevant key performance indicators. Develop and nurture a high quality team of systems engineers.
Responsible for systems design, development, testing and systems maintenance across multiple platforms. Supports
corporate and business area systems consisting of, but not limited to, internally developed distributed and web applications, vendor products, content management and data analytics platforms. Responsibilities include recommendations to higher level corporate and or business area management concerning long range policies for information technology systems, including overall strategy, implementation and development. Responsible for the supervision of managers to ensure that all projects within IT programs are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements. Reports to the leader of Technology Marketing/CX & Distribution.
We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively, across teams in support of others’ work at all levels.
Interested? Read More:
This person will own a complete line of products from an engineering perspective. Ownership refers to driving both the technology strategy for the products and day-to-day operations leading to business outcomes, and partner with product owners to contribute to a Digital product roadmap that this role will be ultimately responsible for delivering.
This person would be expected to deliver on the committed product roadmap with world-class quality and
timing; team up with other leaders within the Technology organization to develop working processes to aid in
delivery; and collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to adopt and share best digital
technology practices (Agile/Scrum, MEAN technology stack development, DevOps, Automated Testing, etc).
In this leadership role, you will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share innovative ideas, and most importantly - have fun
We are transforming the way we engage our work, our talent and our many constituents of Life Insurance and Annuities businesses through the adoption of Agile. As outcomes, we seek to continuously improve the service experience of our existing 20+ million customers, provide preference-based access and engagement with new customers, retain and attract top talent to create a diverse, engaged and fulfilled workforce as well as maintain our top-tier, rock solid marketplace reputation. We care about the new and innovative. We care about our customers and their families. We care about our distributors. We care about our talent.
Accountable for managing large complex application development functions in the application development
cycle. In conjunction with the technology head for the division, responsible for developing Marketing &
Customer Experience business plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning and execution of all aspects of product development including establishing product roadmap alignment between Product Management and Development organizations, building engineering teams.
- Role model technology-leadership by encouraging adoption of tools and solutions that solve for business in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Institute Agile processes to advance rapid delivery of products and learn from user experiences. Foster a work environment that is innovative and fast.
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation, efficient decision-making.
- Manage deliverables to budget and time.
- Hire outstanding talent that can work in high performing teams and deliver advantaged results for the business.
- Develop a strong set of leaders that can drive success for the individual teams.
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively.
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smoothen execution and identify new opportunities.
- Lead change, support team members and peers through change.
- Overall experience of 15+ years with several years in Software Development with a majority of it in earned in product companies building mid to large-scale web-based and vendor products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters’ degree preferred.
- Experience working very closely with software engineering, architecture and product development teams to deliver infrastructure solutions in a collaborative, innovative manner.
- Strong leadership and change management skills – at least 10 years of experience in managing teams with the last few years of leading an engineering organization delivering products.
- Proven ability to attract the best product development talent and build highly engaged teams that deliver stellar outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across organizations to optimize outcomes.
- Ability to be an effective leader in a fast paced, pressure environment. Effective supervisory management skills with the ability to oversee technical tasks delegated to subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate plans into phased actions.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate, and persuade, a wide range of audiences.
- Has a track record of great engineering management, with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate engineers.
- Has a strong orientation towards product development – driving the development of applications and platforms from the customer’s perspective.
- Makes decisions based on facts, asking the right questions and weighing the pros & cons.
- Has experience with scaled systems and understands data and system integration; should also have a good understanding of security from a data and process perspective.
- Subscribes to the methodology of "Go fast, make it happen and adjust along the way". Mistakes are OK but going slow is not. If something needs to get done, we do it.
- Possesses an ability to thrive in a “production” culture and push the limits of an Agile development process while maintaining a high-performance cohesive team
- Ability to coach and mentor software engineers and operations resources for personal and professional growth.
- Has a customer-driven mindset and insatiable appetite for engineering excellence and drive for outcomes.
- Wants to be part of a team, sees a larger purpose in work and life.