Industrial Truck Operator at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Darlington, South Carolina
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Are you a safety-minded and team oriented individual? Do you enjoy operating mobile equipment? If so, don’t miss this great opportunity in Darlington, SC!
Georgia-Pacific is searching for an Industrial Truck Operator for the Pressware department at our Dixie® facility in Darlington, SC. Our Darlington facility manufactures Dixie® paper products and our Pressware department manufactures paper plates. The industrial truck operator position is responsible for maintaining and supplying the materials used on the production floor. To learn more about Dixie®, please visit: www.dixie.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Unloading, locating and storing unprinted and printed paperboard, corrugated boxes and film using an on-board computer
- Inspecting all materials, recording and reporting damaged materials
- Supplying the forming area with direct materials and returning unused materials to the warehouse
- Removing finished goods from product take-off area and moving to warehouse or loading on trucks
- Maintaining safe operations of mobile equipment, to include inspection and movement of mobile equipment
- Performing general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean work environment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of more of experience operating mobile equipment
- Willing and able to read production schedules to locate proper materials
- Willing and able to learn how to operate an industrial truck with fork, squeeze or clamp attachments
- Willing and able to work a twelve (12) hour rotating shift, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Forklift certification
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf