Temporary Contract Specialist at Crown Castle
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: Temporary Contract Specialist
Responsible for the development and execution of contracts and other associated documents, ensuring deliverables are legally sufficient and meet company standards and customer expectations. Understand customers’ and business partners’ needs, interests, and concerns, while connecting deal points and expediting deliverables through expertise in template development, contract knowledge, and ability to deliver innovative solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Take a cross-functional, shared responsibility approach in a centralized organization with contract development and execution teams located in various offices across the nation.
- Prepare standard form contract agreements and related documentation in accordance with prescribed templates, guidelines, and established contract policies and procedures.
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate terms, conditions, laws, regulations, corporate policies and business procedures.
- Partner with internal or external business teams communicating standard processes and provide innovative solutions relative to contract development and execution.
- Forecast and manage deliverable timelines, including resolving issues to ensure deliverable targets are achieved.
- Balance the achievement of production and quality assurance goals with delivering excellent customer service throughout all activities and interactions with internal and external partners.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in real estate, contract administration, customer service/sales, and/or business
- Experience in real estate contract terms, conditions, and language related to the cellular industry
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Contract law and interpretation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Ability to work with document templates
- Ability to produce complex documents in an efficient manner Ability to exercise problem-solving and innovative-solution mindset to efficiently resolve issues
- Project/time Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Resourceful, creative, and results-oriented thinker
- Ability to see the “big picture” for organizational success
- Ability to influence without having direct or indirect organizational control
- Excellent PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office, project management software, and database information retrieval
Reports to: Manager, Contract Development
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Some travel required.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Job Description