SPIRAL / BRAIDING - MEMBRANE ASSEMBLY OPERATOR at Koch Membrane Systems, Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Massachusetts
Koch Membrane Systems (KMS) was founded in the early 1960's by chemical engineering professors from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to commercialize technology developed in their laboratories. Since its inception, KMS has focused on the enormous worldwide need for purified water in a broad variety of applications. KMS also provides superior problem solving for purification, filtration and separation of fluids in the food, dairy, beverage and bio-technology areas. As a result, the company has grown into a world leader in the development, manufacture and sale of membrane-based separations equipment.
KMS is headquartered in Wilmington, Massachusetts, a suburb north of Boston. We employ over 400 people worldwide. KMS has worldwide sales and a strong base of loyal customers. We are emphasizing new and improved products to solve the world's liquid separations problems. They are more fully described on our website (http://www.kochmembrane.com) We are now seeking additional outstanding professionals in all aspects of our business in order to augment our world-class capabilities and growth.
Safely manufacture spiral or braiding products and sub-assemblies in accordance with company procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the KMS Quality/Manufacturing/Safety/HR Systems.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures to perform the manual assembly of membrane parts.
- Use a variety of hand & power tools, work instructions and test equipment to perform a series of operations to correctly assemble membrane parts into elements.
- Provide assistant to other operators to assemble elements when needed.
- If instructions are not fully understood operator is required to raise questions to management until such questions are answered and adequate training and direction is provided.
- Operate simple equipment and sophisticated PLC controlled equipment.
- Communicate with operators from other shifts on production status.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to management in a timely manner.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Complete daily production logs as needed.
- Perform data-collection and record-keeping when required;
- Move and handle materials and elements on the floor;
- Complete all online required training on time.
- Participate and support safety, compliance, project and quality improvement project work.
- Clean and maintain an organized work area.
- Empty trash cans/bins when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred - High School diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Experience in using reading, writing, and arithmetic skills to perform manufacturing tasks.
- Experience communicating in basic English to perform manufacturing task.
- 3 months of membrane manufacturing experience
- Membrane manufacturing experience.
- Familiarity with personal computers.
- Frequent lifting of materials and elements up to 40pounds.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shift and be on feet all day.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, stretch and crouch.
- Ability to work in wet environment
- Able to wear safety glasses, hearing protector and safety toe work shoes.
12 hour days - All Shifts
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf