Yard Jockey / Truck Loader - 2nd Shift - Moorestown, NJ at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey
Job ID: 129963
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is seeking a full-time Yard Jockey / Truck Loader to work in the truck loading department in our Moorestown location. This position requires that material including glass and metal be handled and transported safely in and out of the department and jockeying trailers in and out of loading bays using a tractor with a standard transmission. The starting rate is $16.00/ hour plus shift differential. Must have flexibility with work availability. Start time is 5:00 pm. Standard shift is Monday thru Friday, but may require some Sundays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safe handling of glass and related building products
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- Ensure proper processing to the correct truck
- Performing proper housekeeping within the department throughout the shift
- Safely transporting materials into and out of the department in a manner which compiles to our safety standards
- Jockey tractor trailers, in and out of loading bays
- Operating a tractor with a standard transmission
- Adherence to all safety policies and procedures when performing tasks
- All other duties as assigned
- Prior experience as a yard jockey or a CDL Class A driver
- Ability to jockey tractor trailer/ straight trucks, operating tractor with a standard transmission & up to 53' tractor
- Read, understand, and communicate paperwork and labels
- Understand units of measure and be able to perform general mathematical equations
- Accurately read and use a tape measure
- Must be safety conscious and hard working
- Must be self-motivated and a quick learner
- Must be detail, safety, and quality oriented
- Must be willing to work in other departments as needed
- Must have flexibility with shift end time
- Ability to squat, crouch, bend, twist, lift, pull, reach, and walk as many as 10 or more hours per day
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Internal driving test, using standard transmission, and pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.