Material Sales/Accounts Receivable Manager at West Virginia Paving Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dunbar, West Virginia
Job ID: 129964
West Virginia Paving, Inc., an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of West Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the state. West Virginia Paving, Inc. performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete and more. Privately owned and operated until joining the Oldcastle family in 2000, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has been servicing residents of West Virginia with the foremost paving services for decades. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Material Sales/Accounts Receivable Manager
We are seeking a versatile, dynamic individual who is self-motivated. The qualified candidate will be responsible for various Material Sales, Accounts Receivable, and Inventory functions including setups, reporting, special projects, and various computer applications. In addition, this individual must be a team player that supports members of the finance team, as well as someone who can provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- System Setups and Processing support for Material Sales (MS), Accounts Receivable (AR), & Inventory (IN).
- SOX Control Implementation and Support for MS, AR, & IN.
- Represent our Group and Division on Divisional/National Best Practice Committees.
- Train employees as needed on various Order Processing and Inventory Initiatives.
- Support projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Prior Experience in Material Sales, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and General Accounting.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent computer skills (preferably with experience in Viewpoint, Microsoft Office, OnBase, and various Point of Sale Systems such as JWS, Command, Libra, APEX, etc.).
- Ability to do basic math.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Able to create, follow and work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to respond to stressful situations with co-workers and customers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet short and long term deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- 30% Travel.
- Ability to identify, define and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, written or oral form.
- Able to interpret written and oral instructions, and to read, analyze and interpret, operating and maintenance instructions or regulations.
- Able to talk, hear and use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, or controls.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to move/carry objects up to 25lbs.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically quiet to moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by Appalachian Materials Group and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
West Virginia Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
West Virginia Paving, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.