Outside Sales (Wet Utility) - Lakeside, CA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Sales 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lakeside, California
Job ID: 129966
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
This person will work closely with General Contractors, City and State Agencies, and Design Engineers in Southern California to sell and promote Reinforced Concrete Pipe (RPC) and Water conveyance products. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with General Contractors, Developers, City and State Officials. Provide take-offs, estimates, project liaison between customers and Oldcastle Operations, budgetary pricing, and quotes for all related work within Southern California.
- Call on engineers, contractors and public agencies to build relationships and grow sales.
- Strong knowledge of wet-utility production and product application.
- Ability to accurately interpret construction plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation
- Effectively manage regional territory with a strong focus on revenue generating strategies.
- Organizational skills a must in order to maximize time and track progress within the territory.
- Must be able to problem solve and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Competent in managing the entire sales cycle from quoting to delivery.
- Awareness of competitive products, pricing and trends.
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and reinforced concrete pipe and precast products experience. Engineering degree preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude with knowledge of construction and jobsite practices.
- Experience in sales, estimating and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and construction software
- Manage and oversee all of RCP projects
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-disciplined and motivated
- Strong communication skills
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.