Corporate Marketing/Merchandising Internship - Eden Prairie, MN at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Are you pursuing a Marketing career within the retail industry? This 12-week internship starting in June 2018 located in Eden Prairie, MN will focus on learning the marketing process for SUPERVALU Private Brands and identifying any opportunities or barriers that exist through various research methods. This position will support and gain a broad overview of the Corporate Marketing portion of SUPERVALU, Inc. and will have the ability to learn about the inner workings of the Private Brands Marketing business while completing a variety of cross-functional marketing projects.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist with social and website content and design.
- Create focus groups executed via Facebook.
- Test and learn of marketing tactics to drive increased engagement with our brands.
- Work with the Corporate Marketing team to develop creative materials for SUPERVALU’s Private Brands.
- Assist with creation of brand standards, in-store marketing elements, digital marketing content, digital offers and maintenance of digital assets.
- Attend Ad Planning meetings with Private Brands Marketing & Merchandising teams.
- Shadow and understand the responsibilities of a Brand Manager and Assistant Brand Manager
- Must currently be a Junior or Senior studying Marketing, Advertising, Retail Management, or equivalent.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Retail experience is a preferred.
- Experience in the food industry, within retail or wholesale a plus.
- Interest and/or experience in websites (content uploading/development) and mobile applications (use/development).
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to translate insights into actionable business recommendations a plus.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) at all levels of an organization, both internal and external.
- Proven leadership skills, including involvement in school, community, or work.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to take on challenges.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.