Category Merchandiser I - Produce - Billings, MT at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Sales 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Billings, Montana
The primary goal of the Region Category Merchandiser is to aggressively manage the retail promotional and program support. The Category Merchandiser I is responsible for retail merchandising decisions and execution, oversees daily operation of department functions and works closely with senior merchandiser and merchandising team to achieve the goals of the category business plans.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage communication to retail of all promotional programs and category management initiatives developed by HO Merchandising.
- Communicate and educate “field” sales staff on all corporate programs including merchandising strategies such as Center Store and KVI pricing.
- Participate in Ad Group conference calls, Ad advisory committees, etc.
- Meets with Key Accounts on program participation.
- Ad/Promotional forecast adjustments.
- Sign up retailers and maintain a list of independent retailers supporting automatic distribution programs.
- Provide feedback and maintain database of Regional SKUs needed.
- Communicate local broker issues to HO Merchandising.
- Determine inventory needs for category blitzes based on 3rd party schedule and input forecast adjustments as necessary.
- Evaluate and react to 3rd party reports regarding plan-o-gram compliance for independent retailers on the category management program.
- Coordinate product recalls with HO Merchandising and retailers.
- Handling of downstream warehouse issues including billing, returns and lost sales.
- Retail merchandising decisions and communications will include ad item play, retail pricing, promotional reflect window and ad/promotional forecast adjustments.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Retail and/or vendor experience.
- Basic knowledge of SUPERVALU’s Buying system.
- Solid negotiating skills.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience, with work processing and spreadsheet applications preferred.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities.
- Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.