Front Office Assistant, Full Time, Mission Viejo, CA at MemorialCare Medical Foundation
Posted in Health Care 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mission Viejo, California
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Greet, sign in, and highlight patients’ names immediately, notifying appropriate provider of patient arrival. Also collect and receipt payments accurately, act as an information resource to patients/visitors, and verify all patient registration data, following through with all changes. Produce error – free batches which include counting and balancing the cash drawer in agreement with EHR.
- Scan the provider schedules in detail to ensure appropriately scheduled appointments, alerting supervisor to any concerns/issues, and to verify providers are accurately scheduled out for meetings, days off, etc.
- Schedule appointments according to individual provider attributes and department guidelines. Utilize appropriate follow through in documenting messages.
- Continuously oversee the waiting room for cleanliness and safety. Straighten/tidy waiting area as needed. Report safety concerns to appropriate individual.
- Maintain knowledge of computer scheduling functions, using proper registration protocols with all new patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit types.
- Maintain knowledge of providers, locations, hours, and services. Utilize tools and resources appropriately to offer information and match patients’ needs with of MCMG services and protocols.
- Confirm and reschedule all appointments as directed. Reschedule any bumped appointments. Process kept, cancelled and No Show appointments per policy.
- Assist new patients with patient information forms and properly verify insurance eligibility for all appointments. Escort or direct patients to appropriate waiting area for medical services. Complete all patient insurance/demographic changes, and all other necessary account modifications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Alert the nurse/provider that patient has arrived. Continuously review waiting room for prolonged patient waiting. Notify appropriate party (patient/provider/nurse) when extended waiting time occurs. Communicate any and all delays to patients waiting longer than 15minutes, and offer alternatives when necessary. Notify management of patient issues.
- “Other duties as assigned”
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of customer service in any field and experience working with computers in a work environment is required
- Prior medical office experience preferred
- Must type 50-65 WPM and have intermediate to advanced knowledge of word processing and database software programs
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Administrative Medical Assisting (Front Office Medical Assistant) required
- Certificate or Medical Terminology Certificate preferred
- CPR for healthcare provider card required