Information Systems Manager at Ametek, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Job ID: 11401
Are you interested in your next challenge as an IT Manager? If you are talented at setting strategy and direction but like to dig into the details this could be the position for you. The Information Systems Manager will have overall responsibility for the stable and efficient operation of the Division’s Business System environment. This position will lead and drive the development and implementation of information systems necessary to reach business system goals and division objectives. This includes maximizing existing hardware and software capabilities as well as introducing new technologies and systems to support changing requirements for all facets of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage all aspects of business systems and information technology in the division.
• Responsible for implementation, operation and support of technology infrastructure services including network, servers, storage, database, computers, phones and other technology platforms across the business.
• Ensure a stable and efficient business system and communications environment.
• Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to ensure infrastructure meets business needs.
• Ensure the Division is adhering to all corporate information security standards and policies
• Project management for technology and system related changes. Track and measure project performance against requirements. Ensure the transition in ownership from implementation teams to the operational team is a well-managed process with sufficient testing and training.
• Provide leadership around the application of Sarbanes Oxley compliance standards. Maintain internal controls, documentation and reviews to ensure security, integrity and consistency of the application and data.
• Maintain Divisional Disaster Recovery Plan. Ensure that backup, recovery and security procedures are set up and performed on an annual basis.
• Develop internal team to effectively carry out department functions. Manage third-party service desk vendor. Establish and monitor service level agreements.
• Manage IT budget including selecting and purchasing appropriate hardware and software
• Manage software licensing and ensure software is up to date on supported revisions.
• Consult with leadership to determine information requirements of all departments and develop overall IT strategy.
• This is a very hands-on working manager role. Must be willing to engage in daily activities and work along with the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline. An advanced degree or MBA is preferred.
• 10 years progressive experience with information systems in a multi-site manufacturing environment
• 5 years proven IT leadership in a management role of large cross-function IT endeavors
• Experience with Sarbanes Oxley policies, procedures and compliance
• Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others through all levels of the organization.
• Ability to develop technology strategies and road maps and work across internal departments and businesses to align strategies.
• Experience administering Oracle database systems and Shoretel or Cisco phone systems a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.