Production Engineer - Receiving at Perrigo
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Grand Rapids, MichiganJob Description:
Engineering/Technical Operations • Allegan, Michigan
Perrigo Company plc, a top five global over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers consumers and customers high quality products at affordable prices. From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies, Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company is also a leading provider of branded OTC products, generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. Perrigo provides "Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®" across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
As a Production Engineer at Perrigo you will provide production engineering support for the day to day operations of a fast paced lean six sigma pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in the growing industry of generic pharmaceuticals. Responsible for initiating and driving continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
- Works on plant floor with the Specialists, Plant Manager, Supervisors, Engineering, and other staff to troubleshoot technical problems with manufacturing or packaging equipment or process problems in production areas.
- Coordinates and leads continuous improvement projects aimed at waste reduction and efficiency improvements by streamlining processes and improve capability.
- Work with new product development efforts to identify most appropriate manufacturing processes in conjunction with R & D staff.
- Implement equipment and process changes that improve quality and safety.
- Monitors projects through the control phase and report results to management.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline required: consideration may be given to those who have a Bachelor's of Science and hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years' experience in an engineering role highly preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean Sigma principles highly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong listening skills and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to interpret and apply written procedures and standards governing manufacturing processes is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and previous exposure to pharmaceutical manufacturing highly preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, sound decision making skills, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a team-oriented environment are required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and computer literacy are required.
The successful candidate must be physically able to climb stairs, use hands to manipulate basic hand tools/hand held equipment, and operate a motor vehicle to access various plant locations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.