Glass Door Builder (EPFB400) - Terrell, TX at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Terrell, Texas
Job ID: 129968
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We currently have an opportunity in our Glass Door department for a door builder at our plant operations in Terrell, Texas. If you have a desire to learn and grow in a team environment then Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® could be a great place for your career.
This position is responsible for fabrication and assembly of glass doors using hand and power tools, press tables and fabrication machines. Packing duties,, saw operations, quality inspections, as well as other duties, are some of the other functions that will be assigned.
- Experience using and reading a tape measure to the 16th's
- Must have experience reading and understanding fabrication drawings
- Experience using powered industrial tools
- Able to read written instructions and follow verbal instructions
- Able to multitask, prioritize and work under time constraints
- Be a team player and willing to be trained to work in other areas as assigned
- Good communication skills with peers and management
- Available to work 1st shift, with periods of required overtime
- Previous metal fabrication experience
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Stand and walk for entire shift on concrete, up to 10-12 hours
- Stand, stoop, bend twist or sit for long periods of time
- Grasp, squeeze, hold/handle thin to thick metal, hand/power tools, small parts & large items
- Reach, handle, grasp & turn and lift using upper body while moving
- Must be able to operate a press table and fabrication machinery
- Must be able to handle large pieces of glass
- Lift, push, pull or move up to 50 lbs. individually or 150 lbs. with a partner
- Visual acuity to inspect aluminum for various quality flaws
- Proper wear of all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Work in temperatures consistent with same outdoor climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.