Quality Engineer I at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
Jabil Lewis Engineering is an AS9100 certified manufacturer of complex commercial, aerospace and defense products. We specialize in rapid prototyping, design concept producibility, and engineering support. We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to assist the Quality Assurance function in providing technical support on issues affecting manufacturing and inspection.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct functional review and approval of manufacturing plans and technical documentation
- Prepare and submit to customer First Article Inspection Reports per AS9102 and customer specific requirements
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to transfer customer design requirements into production planning (includes selection of inspection plans and gauging based on review of product design, dimensions and tolerances)
- Establish rapport and be Quality liaison between internal and external customers (including customer source inspectors and government source inspectors)
- Support production through product inspection and real time feedback (utilizing CMMs and other industry standard gauging)
- Collect and analyze data, and generate technical reports and presentations
- Experience in computer aided design/drafting software applications
- Aerospace quality or engineering experience in AS9100 manufacturing environment
- Experience in Blueprint Reading and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in selection and use of inspection equipment
- Working knowledge of AS9102 - Aerospace First Article Inspection Requirements
- Experience in programming coordinate measuring machines (CMM)
- Must be detail oriented and possess technical manufacturing capabilities/knowledge
- Must possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be the “Voice of Quality” and make difficult quality decisions in the face of adversity
- Ability to effectively communicate and present technical information with clarity and precision
- Ability to work and multitask within tight timelines, with minimal supervision
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 0 to 2 years related experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.