Pricing & Competitive Intelligence Manager at Perrigo
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Grand Rapids, MichiganJob Description:
Marketing • Allegan, Michigan
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
We are currently doing a search for a Pricing & Competitive Intelligence Manager for our Allegan MI facility.
The Pricing & Competitive Intelligence Manager will collaborate with cross-functional business teams to develop and execute customer and product specific pricing strategies supporting the long-term strategic goals of the Consumer Healthcare organization.
The individual will build strong working relationships with each retail account team while serving as the key advisor in all commercial negotiations as it relates to pricing and margin management.
By keeping a finger on the pulse of the Consumer Healthcare competitive landscape, the Pricing & Competitive Intelligence Manager will serve as a Consumer Healthcare Subject Matter Expert on product level competitive dynamics and will proactively identify areas of risk and opportunity and recommend appropriate responsive actions.
- Collaborate with CHC account teams to develop and execute appropriate strategies for commercial negotiations. The Individual is expected to provide market-relevant recommendations with respect to product pricing which support the overall strategic objectives of the CHC organization and to assist in the development of negotiating strategies which optimize individual outcomes. The Individual is further expected to provide analytical support, clearly and effectively laying out the economic impacts of our negotiating positions to facilitate decision making.
- Develop and implement a robust Competitive Intelligence gathering and dissemination process. The Individual is expected to understand the competitive landscape for all CHC products and establish a process for identifying impactful changes. The Individual is also responsible for determining effective ways to communicate key competitive data to the rest of the CHC organization, including items such as competitor capability assessments and product-level distribution grids
- Direct the development and communication of pricing strategies for all new product launches. The Individual is expected to work with CHC marketing teams to understand objectives with respect to share/volume, research and model product economics from both internal and customer POV and gather all available information regarding likely competitive dynamics pre- and post- launch
- Identify micro- and macro- level pricing risks & opportunities and facilitate discussions around how to best handle. Example of risks & opportunities include (1) cost-based price increase opportunities, (2) price and/or margin outliers, (3) market-based risks & opportunities caused by changes in competitive dynamics.
- Develop, maintain and improve standard department analytical tools and reporting packages. The Individual is expected to assess existing tools and processes and recommended enhancements where appropriate. Enhancements may include implementation of software or data visualization tools if cost/benefit equation is proven
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, finance, economics or a related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant professional experience, with a demonstrated history of career progression (direct management experience a plus)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and present data
- High-level understand of basic financial concepts and ability to create sophisticated financial models and apply them to complex business scenarios
- Ability to influence others, particularly in instances in which the individual has no direct authority
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to develop strong working relationships both internal and external
- Direct experience in commercial negotiation preferred
- Previous experience in CPG preferred
- Minimal travel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.