Senior Architect - Consulting at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Senior Architect – Consulting
As a member of the Cognizant Technology Consulting Practice, a Senior Consulting Architect is expected to possess both consulting or advisory capabilities as well as technology subject matter expertise to work with client management with little or no direction. The ideal candidate should be able to work credibly with client management in two modes: (1) advisory consultant to a client program with some oversight from a Cognizant Consulting Partner or Principal, (2) a lead consultant in a consulting engagement led by a Consulting Principal or an Engagement Manager.
Overall, the candidate must demonstrate the below capabilities:
- Demonstrated architecture & technology leadership experience
- Self-motivation, ability to lead and collaborate in cross functional teams
- Critical thinking, analytical skills, out-of-the-box problem solving
- Ability to persuade and run sessions with senior and middle management, including chief architects and executives, supported by strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Capability and experience in working in organizational dynamics of a large IT services firms
- Demonstrated ability in developing and documenting IT application architectures, architecture views and understanding of architecture discipline and methodology
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (80% or more)
- Demonstrated command of architecture domains and architecture methodology (e.g, TOGAF)
- Ability to address some, if not all, of the architectural domains of business, application, data and technology, and to analyze, define and illustrate solution alignment across these domains
- Expertise in the use of Architectural Tools such as Alfabet and/or Troux
- Application Architecture concepts and best practices (Tiers, Partitioning, Modularity)
- Architecture NFRs, Availability (HA/DR), Performance (Capacity, Resource Utilization, Responsiveness), Information Security (Authentication, Authorization, Encryption)
- State of the art Integration Patterns, including SOA, API, Micro-Services, including integration with COTS solutions (e.g., SAP), Mobile and Social Media Solutions, etc.
- Contemporary Data Architecture and Technologies – DWBI, ETL
Specialized and Optional Knowledge and Skills:
- Cloud native solutions, DevOps, Containers, Continuous Integration and Development (CI/CD)
- Micro-Services and API architectures
- Cloud, Mobile, Analytics and Social Media Platforms, Big Data
Qualifications & Requirements(1):
- ~10+ years experience in Information Technology, 3-5 years in consulting or advisory role
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA with several years of work experience preferred
- Demonstrated command of TOGAF concepts of architecture domains, architecture methodology, architecture meta-model, etc.
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network Assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.