Counsel at Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Who are we? Watch to find out!
i360 sits on the bleeding edge of technology, delivering innovative products and services through the strategic use of data, software and analytics. i360’s dual customer base of political organizations and commercial clients presents a unique variety of business requirements. i360 is a dynamic workplace positioned on the leading edge of politics, technology and business and is seeking team members who are as excited about building the next generation of political and commercial data-driven technology.
We are looking for an in-house Counsel to help develop and implement growth strategies benefiting the company, as well as support commercial activities including drafting, reviewing and negotiating strategic commercial agreements.
A successful applicant will have the following characteristics:
- Effective oral and written communication skills to translate legal concepts for non-lawyers
- Ability to work closely with the business and collaborate with and engage other internal legal resources to apply specialized expertise when required
- Responsive and effective in a fast-paced environment of a developing business to meet customer expectations
- Apply combined business and legal judgment to resolve matters
- Compliance focused
- Highest ethical standards and personal integrity
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Advise and train on compliance with various legal and regulatory matters impacting i360, including the Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, laws governing access and use of voter lists and other laws impacting access to and use of data for commercial and electoral purposes
- Coordinate and leverage internal and external legal resources and capabilities, to provide timely and strategic counsel
- Develop a strong understanding of commercial legal issues and application of sound legal analysis to these issues
- Develop and implement legal templates and best practices to streamline processes to maximize compliance efficiencies
What You Will Need:
- 2 + years of general corporate or transactional experience in-house or with a law firm
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Active member of a state bar in good standing
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience drafting & negotiating agreements to obtain and to use data from a variety of sources for commercial and electoral purposes
- Basic understanding of campaign and election laws, including coordination, voter and donor data laws (i.e., knowledge of operations within campaigns, campaign vendors, etc.)
- Basic understanding of data privacy laws
- Active member of a Virginia state bar in good standing
Want to learn more about KII?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf