Public Relations Manager at Perrigo
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Grand Rapids, MichiganJob Description:
Other • Allegan, Michigan
The Public Relations Manager is a newly created role within the Global Investor Relations & Corporate Communications function charged with leading the strategy and development of public relations initiatives that drive brand awareness, enhance the company's reputation across the industry and build our external brand and media presence. This person will serve as a primary point of contact in developing and implementing media strategies, facilitating media interviews and responses, assisting in brand and positioning related activities/events and supporting special projects. This role will create robust reputation management processes to manage media inquiries and crisis communication, including serving as the company's spokesperson, as needed. The role supports Perrigo's strategic communications efforts as part of a highly visible global communications team that works directly with the highest levels of management.
- Effectively develop strategies to translate Perrigo's business strategy into effective communications designed to reach regional, national and international audiences through news media and other platforms, including social media, websites and community engagement opportunities.
- Manage media relations activities, including identifying trends and stories to pitch to the media; developing and maintaining media relationships; and acting as one of the company's spokespersons, as needed. Take the lead in handling reactive media activities with the press, including responding to media calls, drafting media statements, and correcting inaccuracies in news stores.
- Manage issues/crisis communications that could impact the Company's perception and reputation among major stakeholders, including media, customers and employees. Position serves as a resource to business unit marketing groups, with a goal of ensuring business messaging is coordinated and minimizes negative media impact from reputation-threatening situations. Crafts or provides input on messages developed in response to issues/corporate communications situations, working with various subject matter experts.
- Support communication efforts to drive Perrigo's positive perception by local communities, Wall Street, regulatory agencies and government authorities. This includes ensuring corporate messaging is consistent, relevant and accurate.
- Responsible for writing, editing and disseminating press releases and other materials, such as talking points, Q&A, media advisories, social media posts and external presentations.
- Support communication efforts of Perrigo's executive team. Work with all levels of individuals and teams, including senior leadership, to provide candid, respectful and collaborative communication counsel that supports and drives desired company goals.
- Provide guidance and reviews for digital communications/social media initiatives to support business unit objectives and to enhance the Company's image as a leader in the industry. Includes participating in development of social media governance, regular monitoring of Perrigo's perception in the social landscape and managing the Company's corporate social media accounts.
- Manage relationships with local PR firms and other partners to research and identify cost-effective and appropriate business positioning and promotional opportunities.
- Support team's efforts to maintain collaborative relationships with senior business stakeholders and partners to align Global Investor Relations & Corporate Communications' strategy with business objectives.
- Measure media and related communication activities and results achieved for communication strategies and report on a regular basis.
- Provide other corporate communications project support as needed.
- Assist the VP, Global Investor Relations & Corporate Communications, in developing and maintaining the department's budget for media relations and PR expenses.
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience, preferably executing public relations or corporate communications activities for a global organization in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or consumer packaged goods industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential; ability to adapt corporate and complex concepts into concise and appealing messages appropriate for various audiences and communication channels.
- Exercises good judgement with confidential issues and sensitive information.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, internally and externally, at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of media relations is required, as is experience coordinating communication efforts across a large organization. Issues/crisis management experience preferred.
- Extremely strong attention to detail and execution; process-oriented, while keeping strategic issues in mind.
- Hands-on approach, flexible, adaptable and willing to do what is needed to deliver results in tight time frames and under pressure; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear understanding of business fundamentals, company strategy and key issues that can affect corporate reputation.
- Solid research and analytical skills, as well as the ability to think critically and strategically.
- Proven organizational and project management experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills are required with Microsoft Office products. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to travel globally as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.