Project Engineer III at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Engineering 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mebane, North Carolina
Jabil is a $17B diversified electronics manufacturing solutions provider and we are actively recruiting for a Project Engineer III to join our team. If you thrive in a dynamic, rapidly evolving and demanding environment you will be an excellent fit in our organization.
**Experience with plastic injection molding is required**
Leads large and/or complex engineering projects from initiation through to completion. Coordinates project planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the implementation of complex and/or large engineering projects, understanding and driving regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV)
- Participates and may lead product or manufacturing development meetings, making recommendations for change
- In conjunction with project, implements best practices for equipment/manufacturing layout for maximum efficiency and cycle time optimization
- Leads complex projects relating to new technical developments and processes
- Controls project budget
- Provides engineered solutions to complex equipment problems
- Delivers quotes for projects including new equipment costs, labor, maintenance costs, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis
- Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the teams
- During project implementation, leads the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions
- Assesses manufacturing and engineering capabilities; identifying and suggesting solutions for any immediate need or enhancements
- Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving
- Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts
- Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed
- Assist Design Engineers with Design for Manufacture issues
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
- Minimum 6-8 years work-related experience required in engineering or project management related discipline
-**Experience with plastic injection molding is required**
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.