Manager - Analytics & Statistics at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Modesto , California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recently recognized by Glassdoor as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. As a family-owned wine & spirits company with over 90 brands, the heart of our success story is our people. Our passions run deep and what unites us is an incredible culture of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Are you a passionate team player who is looking to grow your career? If so, apply today! Cheers! Your Talent & Gallo — A Perfect Pairing.
As a People Manager, Analytics & Statistics at E. & J. Gallo Winery, you will be accountable for providing strategic leadership, management of department statisticians, and development of research programs and data analytical support to the Winery, which includes collaborating with internal stakeholders, external partners, and cross-functional team members to shape and implement research strategies and to interpret analytical results. Your success will require the use of a wide range of research strategies, professional development of technical staff, analysis and reporting/data visualization techniques, as well as concise communication, interpersonal skills, and project management experience.
What You Will Do
Research Strategy and Statistical Analysis:
- You will design and execute research strategies to support business objectives for our brand, shopper, and digital marketing teams, and International teams
- You will work with a variety of data sources including consumer survey, consumer behavior data, and consumer transactional sales data
- You will lead vendor reviews and selection, manage timelines and project milestones with vendors/agencies, assist with questionnaire development/evaluation, research design, and interpretation of results to the business
- Lead internal and client-facing project meetings and presentations
Managing a Team:
- You will manage a team of statisticians and be responsible for their professional development and career growth
- You will review and provide guidance on research strategies as well as review work product as needed for members of your team
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Sciences, Economics, Marketing Research, Applied/Quantitative Psychology or Marketing 8 years Statistics or Market Research experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.; OR Master’s Degree to include 2 years of college level statistics coursework plus 6 years Statistics or Market Research experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Ph.D. to include 2 years of college level statistics coursework plus 4 years of Statistics or Market Research experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Supervisory or Managerial experience
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, or R
- Loves working with data
- Experience with a broad range of statistical research methodologies
- Demonstrated experience defining and executing research strategies and programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop direct reports
- Ability to work with ambiguity and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Strong oral and communication skills and ability to convey statistical concepts and results to non-technical audiences; strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Strong data visualization skills
- CPG or Alcohol Beverage Experience
- Demonstrated Project Management Experience
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 51221
Equal Opportunity Employer