Reliability Engineer at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Our Las Vegas facility has been producing gypsum wallboard since 1987. For the past 29 years we have made quality wallboard that is used throughout the southwest. Our ToughRock® Fireguard45® is the only available standard ½ interior wallboard to be enhanced with fire-resistance properties for a 45-minute UL classified fire rating. We also manufacture DensDeck®, designed to make the contractor’s job faster and easier. Odds are that if you have driven by a construction site in Las Vegas, you’ve seen our products being used to promote safety and efficiency.
Our Reliability Engineers do more. They lead their team to injury/incident-free performance in a continuous manufacturing environment. They are responsible for developing their team members into highly productive individuals who promote our business management philosophy. Sure, there is some supervision and coordinating production efforts that happens, but we believe in operators owning their own job, so the supervisor functions more like a coach, encouraging their team to success. This focus ultimately results in delivering maximum value to the business.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Facilitate development and on-going completion of equipment maintenance strategies.
- Facilitate formal Root-Cause Analysis for failure elimination of bad actors.
- Provide reliability expertise during design and implementation of new assets.
- Develop and maintain metrics with tracking and reporting systems.
- Knowledge and effective utilization of available predictive maintenance tools.
- Provide technical support to maintenance for precision repair.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 or more years of reliability engineering experience with practical experience working on reliability systems within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience with root-cause analysis and problem solving
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- Electrical reliability experience working with control systems (PLC’s, drives, and controls failures)
- 10 or more years of reliability engineering experience in manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience with troubleshooting logic (i.e. understanding of repeat failures and how it relates to drive programming)
- Experience in predictive and preventive maintenance and developing asset strategies
- Experience in coaching and developing others on Reliability principles
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf