International Traffic/Logistics Manager at Elgin Sweeper
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elgin, Illinois
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE:FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law.
Sold and serviced through a network of more than 100 dealer locations worldwide, Elgin Sweeper products are the sweepers of choice for a variety of general street maintenance, special industrial and airport applications. With more than 100 years of experience, Elgin Sweeper offers municipalities, contractors and industries the most sweeper options in the country, using the latest sweeping technologies—mechanical, pure vacuum, regenerative air, alternative fuel and waterless dust control. Elgin Sweeper is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation’s Environmental Solutions Group. For more information, visit www.elginsweeper.com.
Federal Signal has an immediate opening for an International Traffic/Logistics Manager in our Elgin, IL location.
Work with Federal Signal's Environmental Solutions Group (ESG) Affiliates, Forwarders, Dealer Principals and Customers to develop solutions for international logistic solutions.
- Serve as Expert Resource on all International Logistic Concerns.
- Ensure compliance with Commercial Letters of Credit documentation requirements. (Complete Documentation when needed in order to insure compliance with payment instrument).
- Responsible for coordination and logistics oversight of international shipments and associated documentation and the organization of the documents with relevance to the country and customer for ESG Affiliates.
- Determine best methods for trade compliance and then implement methods including document preparation, harmonized code identification, NAFTA, duty drawback, packaging rules and security rules. Implement corrective action when necessary.
- Train ESG employees on trade and documentation compliance regulations.
- Negotiate Fee Structure with Forwarders and vessel lines for ESG Affiliates.
- Standardize International Logistic Practices within ESG Group.
- Research methods and provide recommendations to reduce logistic costs for ESG Customers.
- Conduct requests for inland and ocean freight quotations for international shipments and new markets in a timely manner.
- Communicate with various U.S. and foreign organizations including U.S. Customs, Federal Maritime Commission and Canadian Customs as required.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of international banking documents for all export shipments at ESG Affiliates.
- Manage consistent, professional ESG-wide format for packing lists and other internal documentation submitted to customer.
- Recommend, deploy and track monthly internal metric(s) to gauge international distributor feedback for ESG Traffic services.
- Determine economical transportation patterns and specify optimal routes to maximize efficiencies and minimize cost.
- Negotiate and administer dedicated carrier agreements.
- Publish reports on a monthly basis on transportation expenses for ESG by Division that summarizes freight spend by mode, destination, and type of charges.
- Work with freight payment company and carriers on payment resolution.
- Maintain Weekly Logistic Reports to Sales Team as well as maintains a Central Log regarding status of International shipments.
- Maintain Power of Attorney Forms with brokers, customs agents and forwarders.
- Attend Elgin Production Team Meetings regarding status of International Orders
- Act as the liaison between ADSI and Federal Signal and provide support on needed changes or upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 5 (five) years experience in all aspects of International trade compliance.
- Five years experience in shipping and international transactions of import/export and Customs regulations a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of and familiarity with export/ international trade documentation.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to monitor performance and plan improvements in transportation costs.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including Access and Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables, formulas).
- Ability to mine, analyze and present solutions using data from third party query software.
- Work experience should encompass solid understanding of product technologies and regulatory requirements.
- Fully knowledgeable of the licensing process including specific requirements of the US. Departments of State, Commerce and Treasury and regulations and laws applicable to international trade.
- Working knowledge of Non-US trade compliance programs
- Experience with JDE a plus.
- Second language a plus.
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.