Senior Application Engineer (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Senior Application Engineer for the Display, Materials and Systems Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Senior Application Engineer will support a large global key account, working with the customer to understand their high value problems, identifying opportunities for collaboration, and working with them to find or develop the right 3M solution to meet their needs. This role includes supporting the spec-in of new and existing display films, engaging the customer on multiple projects, and working as a member of product development teams to develop new products to address the customer needs.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the specification of display films into the customers products
- Working closely with the customer to capture their needs and creatively translate them into solutions that are either existing products or actionable requirements for new products
- Be an advocate for the customer within the 3M organization to meet development timelines and build schedules
- Maintain/strengthen relationship with the customer thru regular visits, training, and tech events
- Be a member of global cross functional new product development teams
- Develop prototypes and data packages to demonstrate product performance for our customers
- Develop test methods, conduct or coordinate testing, and analyze data for application focused test methods in support of customer inquiry, application development or product development
- Communicating (oral and written) effectively with our customers and team members
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with customer technical support
- Master’s degree or higher in Optics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Polymer Science, Chemistry or a related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with thermo-mechanical or optical modeling
- Laboratory experience with photometry, optical measurements or materials testing
- Experience with LCD and OLED display design
- Knowledge of consumer electronic manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience in translating customer demands into the technical aspects of applications
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
See job description.