Internship - Engineering Intern (Brookings, SD) at 3M
Posted in Engineering 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brookings, South Dakota
3M is seeking an Engineering Intern for the Critical and Chronic Care Solutions Division located in Brookings, SD for 2017. Here, you go!
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work part-time during the school year and a full-time schedule throughout 10-12 weeks in the summer. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
3M is seeking Engineering Interns to support the manufacture of diverse health care products in our Brookings, SD plant. Core technologies at this facility include: adhesive and powder web coating, film extrusion, nonwoven making, rotary converting, tape slitting, sterilization and microbiology. Our plant was recently named as one of the Best 50 Places to Work. Read about us in the September 2017 issue of Prairie Business Magazine.
As an Engineering intern, your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads a wide variety of small engineering projects
- Supports the engineering staff in the plant
- Works as a member of a team in completing engineering tasks assigned by management
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Completed at minimum your sophomore year (4 semesters) by the start of the internship
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
Location: Brookings, SD
Travel: May include 1-2 domestic travel trips
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate’s best interest to apply early.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.