Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Reports directly to VP, Technical Services Overseas General Claims. As the leader of COG’s Central QA Team, manage team of QA Directors with a highly results driven focus. Deploy QA resources efficiently and effectively. Responsibilities include technical claim audits, data analysis and reporting, to provide support and training activities for internal and external international business partners to evaluate claims outcomes, adherence to claims operational and technical best practices, auditor calibration/accuracy, regulatory compliance, vendor performance, TPA/MGA performance/compliance, claim quality, and loss cost leakage. Work with Regional QA Leads to ensure compliance with COG standards and objectives. Ensure the Quality function is highly credible, adds value, and continually demonstrates a positive and quantifiable impact to Chubb’s bottom line.
Policy, Process and Procedures
Working closely with Chubb’s Lines of Business and Regional QA Teams, researches and defines claims policy and practices. Provides advice and guidance to ensure adherence. Establishes efficient and consistent review processes.
Business Collaboration and Customer Focus
Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external customers. Provides accurate and timely information regarding audits. Works to build an open and honest environment for all involved. Monitors industry trends and best practices to identify issues. Makes recommendations to senior management for appropriate changes.
Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Leads the review and analysis of claims risks to ensure compliance with claims quality review policies and procedures, Chubb standards, and industry best practice. Provides vendors with feedback in the development of Quality Assurance tool audit questionnaires and reports. Communicates claims expectations and ensure best practices are understood and implemented to ensure appropriate performance. Provides recommendations for education and training. Develops action plans and provides effective communication so that management, QA team and customer are all working together. Provides technical training around audit accuracy and calibration. Dissect complex data sets, identifying “root cause” of issues/trends related to non-compliance. Prepare detailed working papers that evidence work performed, issues discovered, and recommendations for improvement.
· 10 or more years of technical claim adjusting experience with specialization in at least two lines of business (Property, Accident & Health/Worker’s Compensation, General Liability and Auto) – will work closely with Lines of business leaders to obtain technical input. Adaptability necessary in learning new product lines.
· Anticipated overnight travel 30%-40%. Will likely be in peaks, includes international trips 2-3 weeks at a time.
· Fluent English, with fluency in second language preferred.
· Experienced claims technical quality audit
· Ability to work well with large diverse group of stakeholders
· Flexibility to work within multiple time zones, including travel, meetings while in home office, etc…
Technical auditing knowledge preferred
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
· Continuing job-related education
· Ability to learn and navigate client systems effectively
· Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, software applications, including multiple claim systems, Quality Review web based audit tool, and Microsoft Office, Particularly focusing on MS Excel spreadsheets, charts, and pivot tables
· Ability to learn and apply claims best practice adherence to claim files
· Ability to demonstrate high degree of credibility and influence among stakeholders supported
· Ability to analyze training needs and situations to determine if performance can be improved through training
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently on assignment of moderate to high complexity
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded
property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides
commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and
supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse
group of clients.
Chubb serves the
property and casualty insurance needs of businesses of all sizes in a
broad range of industries. We also provide specialized insurance
products, such as personal accident, supplemental health, and life insurance,
to individuals in select countries. Our reinsurance operations include
both property and casualty and life.
Chubb offers a
competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a
generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible
spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement. Chubb is an equal
opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to
race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap,
marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or
State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website.
Please direct any
questions regarding this opportunity to Megan