Control Center Specialist, Law Enforcement at Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed’s most critical functions include: promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
Working in the Law Enforcement Control Center, the Control Center Specialist will monitor video displays and access control activities. The Control Center Specialist also will monitor additional fire and life safety systems and respond to all alarms according to established policies and operate numerous computer based systems to include Federal Reserve applications as well as other necessary applications. These applications include but are not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, the Federal Reserve’s Automated Notification System (ANS), the Eighth District Access Control System, the Eighth District Surveillance System, Lexis/Nexis/Accurint for Law Enforcement and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
The work schedule for this position is: 12pm-8pm Monday-Friday
- Operate a variety of communications systems including telecommunication systems, a two way radio system, and the building intercom system. The Specialist must also qualify to be authorized to operate the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
- Responsible for understanding and following established policies and procedures dealing with a wide range of contingencies that may occur on a regular basis and will be working in an environment with a structured chain of command. The ability to qualify to be authorized to utilize NCIC is a prerequisite for this position.
- Must be able to utilize the complex NCIC system extensively and must be able to operate NCIC efficiently and interpret volumes of information accurately.
- Serve as a backup in conducting background and screening services for contractors and vendors.
- Serve a critical role in conducting background and other due diligence checks on a variety of other individuals (i.e., someone seeking an audience with a member of executive management).
- Assist in managing the LEUIS Service Mailbox which is the portal by which the LEU receives service requests from other business areas.
- Monitor and manage department service tickets.
- Associates degree or commensurate experience
- 2+ years of related experience, prior experience
as a law enforcement dispatcher preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and composed
manner in a high pressure environment, as emergency communications are received
and as LE Officers are dispatched.
- Ability to monitor multiple security systems and
interpret alarms and video images and make real time judgments as to
- Ability to proficiently use a computer and
multiple software packages and applications as noted above.
- Professional demeanor, excellent judgment, and
- Ability to work a 12pm-8pm Mon-Fri shift
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities
in an active and noisy environment.
- Ability to sit and monitor various video
displays and computer screens in a confined area for extended periods of time
(approximately 6 to 7 hours per day).
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and
various buttons and controls associated with responding to alarms and operating
doors and security devices.
- Ability to visually monitor video and computer
screens and hear alarms associated with various security systems.
- Ability to maintain composure and communicate
effectively in emergency situations.
Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’
diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion,
life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a
strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued
perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and
promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity