Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: pineville, North Carolina
Job ID: 11408
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2016 sales of $4 billion. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
The Project Technician will support the Controls Southeast (CSI) Business
Welcome to CSI!
The Steam Tracing and Steam Jacketing Experts
CSI provides ControTrace® steam tracing solutions to heat process piping, tanks, & vessels; and CSI provides ControHeat® steam jacketing solutions to heat valves and instruments used in the petrochemical, chemical, and processing industries. CSI also provides the SxSeal™ above-ground sulfur seal solution, pre-insulated tubing bundles, and many more engineered thermal maintenance solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Audit invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies and approves for payment
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
• Investigate problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills
• Prepare and processes weekly check runs
• Ensure the Received Goods Not Invoiced report is reconciled on a monthly basis
• Audit and process credit card bills
• Verify the accuracy of outstanding checks at the end of each month
• File vendor invoices and payment vouchers
• Process all freight charges
• Initiate all wire transfer requests
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Post all cash receipts to customer accounts
• Record all cash activity
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Perform Sarbanes Oxley/internal control testing and ensure documentation is updated.
• Assist in month end closing
• Reconcile AP Detail to GL on a monthly basis
• Maintain petty cash account
• Oversee corporate credit card system
• Assist with month end closing
• Serve as company Notary
• Assist management/employees as needed
• Audit expense reports in Concur
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to management.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.