Safety Coordinator at W-L Construction & Paving Inc
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chilhowie, Virginia
Location: Chilhowie, 24319
Job ID: 130030
W-L Construction and Paving, an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of southwest Virginia’s largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for supporting and giving guidance of the overall safety philosophy of W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Safety Manager. This position requires an individual who is extremely motivated with a high level of organizational skill, including written and verbal communication, and problem solving. Interface with field crews on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and guidance of the overall safety philosophy of OMG and W-L Construction & Paving, Inc.
- Responsible for timely reporting of all safety incidents in accordance with company standards
- Monitor facility and processes for adherence to OSHA guidelines and the elimination of industrial incidents.
- Continuously improve the facility’s safety program to achieve and maintain a zero-harm goal.
- Observe safety procedures to ensure they are conducted with rigor and intensity.
- Assist in conducting all employee safety orientations, certifications, industrial hygiene testing, classroom training, and practical hands-on plant floor training.
- Assist in conducting emergency action plan training.
- Participate in safety committee meetings and plant safety project work teams.
- Assist in coordinating outside services such as Alarm, Fire and safety supplies.
- Ensure all new hire and periodic safety training is completed.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of safety compliance and awareness at company fixed locations (asphalt plants, offices, shops, and quarry locations) through site visits and documentation of deficiencies
- BA/BS degree in Safety & Health Field or related field or comparable professional experience in industrial safety.
- Must be familiar with OSHA/MSHA/DOT regulations pertaining to safety and health.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work and deliveries
- Good verbal and written communications skills and math aptitude
- Computer skills in Microsoft office, Excel, Work and Power Point
What Oldcastle offers you
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market!
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
W-L Construction and Paving is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.