Investment Offering Document Review Analyst at Prudential
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $690 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
The Investment Offering Document Review team is a newly created unit responsible for reviewing offering documents for new issues traded in the primary market, issues traded in the secondary market, documents related to commercial paper programs, and securities traded under Rule 144(A) and Regulation S. The team will collaborate with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Legal, Compliance, Client Services, and the Data Integrity team, to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and portfolio guidelines. The team will have exposure to many fixed income products, providing a myriad of learning opportunities. Team members will assist with process and control development and implementation, and will apply technology to streamline workflows to deliver accurate information efficiently, thereby adding to the overall strong integrity of our business.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Review offering documents for trades in the primary and secondary markets
- Interpret offering documents and other relevant security information for the appropriate ERISA analysis of securities
- Perform various pre-trade checks regarding affiliate involvement and regulatory guidelines; provide approvals for trading, as appropriate, within tight timeframes
- Perform post-trade checks to review final prospectus for changes; escalate potential issues prior to settlement date
- Review and approve language related to commercial paper programs and purchases
- Maximize the use of technology to ensure an efficient and auditable workstream
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes; analyze potential process and technology changes resulting from regulatory changes
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for portfolio managers, as requested
- Participate in large-scale projects as determined by the Management team
- Exposure to all investment products within PGIM Fixed Income
- Daily interaction and collaboration with other business groups, globally, including Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, Client Services, and Data Integrity
- Develop a foundation of skills and knowledge for future advancement within PGIM Fixed Income
- Bachelor’s degree or higher-level qualification
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Paralegal experience in asset management or Paralegal certificate preferred
- Experience working within the asset management industry, with knowledge of investment products and policies; keen interest in financial markets and investment management
- Data integrity experience and operational controls mindset
- Sound problem solving abilities and a critical eye for detail
- Demonstrate comfort working with large volumes of data and information
- Ability to interpret offering documents and other relevant security information for the appropriate ERISA analysis of securities
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize tasks and perform under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and highly organized; Passionate to perform at the highest standards
- Excellent communication skills in writing and in speech; ability to convey complex ideas in simple and clear language
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate investment activities within a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge, strong technology skills