VP, Sales Director (Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana) at Prudential
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Prudential Retirement, a division of Prudential Financial, Inc., delivers retirement plan solutions for public, private, and nonprofit organizations. Services include defined contribution, defined benefit and non-qualified deferred compensation recordkeeping, administrative services, investment management, comprehensive employee education and communications, and trustee services, as well as a variety of products and strategies, including institutional investment and income products, pension risk transfer solutions and structured settlement services.
The Vice President, Sales Director will identify and cultivate prospective clients, prepare and deliver new business presentations, and close sales of retirement plan products and services. This position may assist in maintaining client relationships, perhaps with relationship management staff and/or plan administration staff and may develop/maintain relationships with pension consultants or intermediaries. The Vice President, Sales Director may provide guidance to more junior staff, but has no formal supervisory responsibility.
This position will also be responsible for the following:
- Strategic territory development for assigned territory
- Selling qualified defined contribution, qualified defined benefit, and nonqualified (DB and DC) bundled retirement services through intermediaries
- Attaining minimum sales production measured in terms of revenue sold
- Attaining consistent demonstrated success selling as measured by close ratios
- Effectively utilizing internal sales resources
- Developing and fostering broad and supportive relationships with intermediaries in the sales territory
- Minimum of 3 years of experience selling defined contribution bundled retirement solutions strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years and preferably 10 years of experience related to the retirement business
- An established network of relationships with intermediaries in the assigned region
- Demonstrated ability to develop key internal partner relationships
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and develop new intermediary relationship
- Demonstrated ability to strategically develop a sales region
- A proven track record of retirement plan sales
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- FINRA series 6 or 7 and 63 required within 120 days of hire State insurance license preferred.