Senior Visual Effects Artist at Infinity Ward
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woodland Hills, California
You will use our in-house particle editor to author high quality, photo-real particle effects (fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project and implement them into our game engine.
- Partner closely with Art Directors, VFX Artists and Game Designers to ensure all effects satisfy design and art requirements.
- You will produce look tests based on provided reference materials to ensure industry leading quality and artistic fidelity.
- Take direction from Supervisors as well as provide guidance and mentorship to other FX Artists.
- Build and test what's possible in a game engine while working within production deadlines to complete all tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy and other particle aesthetics.
- Ability to build realistic explosions, ambient fx, weapon fx, etc.
- Experience with VFX software – 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, etc.
- Display modeling, texturing, and animation experience.
- Basic compositing knowledge (Photoshop, After Effects, Nuke, Fusion).
- 5+ years of production experience in video games.
- Validated ability to script a plus (GSC scripting).
- Exhibit strong technical and communication skills with the ability to adapt quickly to proprietary tools.
- Self-motivated and a real passion for video games.